Assessment TP 3
Reading and Listening
Vocabulary and Speaking
Procedure (41-49 minutes)
- I write on WB: You (Mays) probably like...... you probably don't like........... You're from............. You have ................ - I ask Ss to come up with sentences using these structures. I answer RIGHT or WRONG.
- In pairs Ss think about different meanings of the word "right". - I take FB. - I give HO1. - I ask Ss to work in pairs to decide which sentences from ex.1 mean "correct". - Meantime I stick the card on WB which says "correct". I take FB - I ask students to match the other sentences in ex. 2 to the different meaning of "right". Meantime, I stick the three meanings (cards) on WB which say " a.on one side of the body, b. something you are allowed to do or have, c. exactly, immediately or completely". - I take FB - I give HO 2. - Ss match the expressions from the workbook (slips) to the correct meaning on the WB. - Take FB - In ex 3. Ss will hear two teachers talking to their classes. The teachers use the word "right". Ss decide what the meaning of right here is.
- Quiz time ex. 1 ( Detailed Reading) - 6 questions on six different papers on wall so Ss can read the questions and discuss their answers in groups. - No FB yet.
- Ss listen and in pairs check their answers ( Gist Listening). - I take FB
- I ask the Ss to read the questions in ex.3 and in pairs answer as many as they can. - Ss listen again (Detailed Listening). - I pause after each item. - Ss in pairs check their answers. - I will finally give Ss the answer key of ex. 3