Teaching practice 8
Pre - intermediate level
To provide students with a reading practice and develop their gist and detailed reading sub - skills in the context of superstitions.
To introduce students to vocabulary related to superstitions.
Procedure (45 minutes)
• Ss will see some pictures on the WB and discuss with a partner what is our topic today. T. elicit from Ss the word 'superstition'.
• Ss will recieve cards with words written on them and they have to match them with the picture on the WB. • FB Ss discuss the answers with the T. and T. asks CCQs. • T. drills the words that are new for the Ss
• Ss work in groups for this task. • Each S. recieves a list with 6 titles. Ss can see the paragraphs on the walls. There are five paragraphs. • Ss have to discuss with their partner and write the number of the paragraph next to the correct title. Ss have 2 min. to do that. • Ss change partner and check their answers • FB - answers are given on the WB.
• Ss work in pairs • Ss. recieve a list with sentences • Ss have to discuss with a partner and answer true or false • FB Ss discuss their answers with the T. and give reason for their choice.
• Ss can see some highlighted words in the text. • Ss have to use these words and fill in the gaps • Ss can see the answer on the WB
If time left Ss will discuss about superstitions and write a post on facebook about interesting superstitions.