Teaching practice 7
Pre - intermediate level
To provide Ss with vocabulary ( phrases) in the context of learning a language
To provide Ss with controlled written and speaking practice of the TL in the context of learning a language.
Procedure (45 minutes)
• Ss will see some pictures and brainstorm ideas about what is important for learning a language, • After that Ss discuss with their partner . What is important for language learning?
• Ss work in pairs • Each pair gets phrases written on cards and they have to decide what is important for learning and what is not. • Ss get a FB from the T. by seeing the important phrases on the WB.
• First PW after that WC works together for this part of the lesson. • Now Ss can see the same pictures from the beginning of the class. • Ss have to decide in pairs which phrase is connected with which picture. • WC checks the answers T. asks CCQs and shows sentences with these phrases and drill the sentence with the class. •
• Ss stand up and go to the two opposite corners of the room • Ss work in two groups they have to match the phrases with other synonyms. We have two groups A and B. A has the phrases B has the synonyms. • FB is given by the T. on a piece of paper for every S.
• Ss discuss with their partner which is the most important thing for learning a language and why ? • Ss have time for this activity around two minutes. • After that they change their partner.
• Ss are working in two groups A and B • Each group gets a blogger's opinion and first discusses it together • After that A and B Ss in pairs discuss the opinions and agree or disagree with them.
If time left Ss discuss how to improve their own language learning.