Pre- Intermediate level
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of countries to visit.
To provide gist listening practice through watching a video using a text about a programme called "Holiday 10 Best" in the context of countries to visit.
Procedure (39-55 minutes)
* Sts discuss the answers of these two questions in pairs. "What part of the world/ Which country do you think is the most beautiful?" "Why do you think some people like going to places like this?"
* Ss watch the 9 seconds of the video, then pauses. * Ss see Argentina map and Buenos Aires on it. * Ss discuss about the below questions: "What do you know about Argentina?" "What's it capital city?" "Do you know what you can do there?" "What sports are popular?" * Ss watch the rest of the video. .
* Ss match the words/names with descriptions. HO * Ss compare their answers in pairs. * T. FB with the answer key. * Ss watch the video again and discuss the answers of the questions below: "What do you think are the most interesting things to do or see in Buenos Aires." "Would you go there for a holiday?" CCQs: 1. How do you want to start your conversation? Do we want to start with a typical food? 2. What topics would you like to discuss next? 3. Are we talking about the negative or positive facts of the place? 4. Are we talking about the most beautiful and interesting sides of the place? 5. Do we recommend a place to visit to someone?
* In pairs Ss are told to choose a city/ country they both know to tell about it to other Sts but they need to think about general info first through brainstorming. * After brainstorming Ss start to prepare their choice. (5 mins) * Then change their partners tell other Ss about it, then decide which places they would like to visit and why.
* T monitors during the productive tasks and DEC.
* Ss interview with their partners with the questions provided by T after they add 2 more questions of their own.