To provide review, clarification and practice of some holiday lexis in the context of travel
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of travel
Procedure (45 minutes)
1. Put some pictures of different places on the board. 2. Ask them where they prefer to go on holidays and why.
1. Ask them to stand around a desk and find different holiday activities from among a group of pictures and put them on the board. 2. Then, give them the words and phrases on slips of paper to match with the pictures on the board. 3. Concept check the students to make sure they know the exact meaning of those words and phrases.
1. Clarify the meaning of holiday words and phrases that students could not learn during the pre-task activity through miming. 2. Drill the difficult words and check the students' pronunciation. 3. Write the phonetic transcription of the words which may be hard to pronounce on the board and drill again.
1. Give them a text to read and underline the holiday activities. 2. Ask them to write 5 sentences with the new words about their last holiday. 3. Ask them to share their sentences with the class.
1. Show the students a model video of talking about holidays. 2. Ask them to write questions about their partner's last holiday. Where did you go? What did you do? How was it? Why? 3. Ask them to answer each other's questions.