For the students to use new vocabulary through speaking for both fluency and accuracy
To practise listening for specific information
Procedure (36-49 minutes)
* Tell the Ss that I went to Mexico on a holiday a few years back. Keep this short and simple. * Show them the dolphin swimming video. * Divide the class into 2 groups and ask them to come up with a list of activities they can do when on holiday. * Write the ideas given on the board.
* Give Ss the pictures and words, get them to match them. * Check answers *Write new vocabulary on the board. Highlight stress points. Drill the vocabulary using full sentences. * Write some full sentences on the board to show the form.
* Tell the Ss that they will listen to a recording based on holiday information. (James and Rachel are talking about holiday places) * Play recording for gist. (Which city are they talking about?) * Play recording again and ask Ss to do exercise. *Let Ss check their answers with their peers. Then as a class.
* Give students 3 groups of people. * Tell the Ss that they will need to design a holiday package for these people in places in Turkey. (GW-FB)
* Get Ss to create 3-5 questions for their peers asking for specific information on their last holiday. * Then get the Ss to walk around the class and interview as many Ss as possible to find out answers. * Feedback to class.