TP6a Lesson Plan "My Music"
For sts to review and practice new vocabulary about past time phrases and 'WH' questions in the context of music genres.
To give sts practice in speaking for fluency.
Procedure (33-48 minutes)
-Before the lesson starts, put some cards which have following questions on them. "What type of music do you like?" "Who are your favourite singers and bands?" - Ask them if they like listening to music and ask them the questions on the WB. - During the FB, write the names of the music genres which you elicit on the WB. - Tell them that they will listen some music and give the instructions for ex.1. - Put them into pairs and give them 3 minutes to finish it. - Get WC FB
- Get sts into two groups and tell them that they will play a game - Send them to two different sides of the classroom - Tell them the rules and give them the timelines and the flash cards - Ask them to put these cards into right order on the timeline - Get FB by peer checking
- Clarify the meanings by using CCQs, *Are they about the past or the future? *When did Ozan sing a rap song? *Can you say 'in 1946 ago'? *Can you say ' I went to school before last year' ? *Can you say ' Last morning, I didn't have brakfast' ?
- Get sts into pairs and give them the instructions of the next task - Give them the HOs and ask them to fill in the blanks with the time phrases in the box. - Get WC FB
- Get sts into pairs and give them instructions for the ex. 3. - Give the HO and tell them to finish it in 1 minute with their partner - Ask them to give FB by giving small answers to the WH questions. - Show them a demo ( "Who?" - "My father", " Where?" - "in Istanbul") on the WB
- Clarify the meaning by asking some CCQs such as; *Why are you coming to this course? (Because...) *How long have you been learning English for? (For...) *Which football team do you support? *Can I also say "What football team do you support?" *What's my name?
- Get sts into pairs and tell them to ask their partner the last time he/she did these things and write eachother's answers on a paper - Give them the HO - Show a demo on the WB (eg. When did you last cook a meal? 5 days ago. What did you cook? Pasta Where did you cook? In the kitchen) - Get the FB by asking CCQs to sts randomly
- Tell students that they will play another game - Write the WH wuestions on the WB and wirte the model sentence (Berivan studied with Neylan for 1 hour yesterday at ITI.) -Get them into two groups and give the HO3 - Tell them that each person will write one answer for each WH question and will pass the paper to the person who is on his/her right - After one tour, get the FB as a WC and wirte the sentences on the WB whilst they are reading them