To provide grammar practice of past simple in the context of travel
To provide product writing and speaking practices of own stories in the context of travel
Procedure (43-48 minutes)
- Write on the board "where were you during the last holiday" in order to elicit the answers by using past simple (was/were). - Nominate S to answer the question. - If S makes a mistake on the answer, use scaffolding to corrct the speach. - Ask Ss to work in pairs and ask the same question each other. (PW: 1-2 min) - Nominate Ss to report their partner's holiday. (W/C FB)
- [HO] T will tell that choose the correct word to complete the sentences. - Ss will work on the exercise (2-3 min) - Peer check - W/C FB
- [WB] Write/show the sentences on the board, and add MFP.
-[HO1] Write the negative form of the sentence 2-6. - Give demonstrations for 1 and 2. - Work in pairs. Then, W/C FB -After the first exercise, T will aks Ss to open the hanouts, - This time, they will complete the qestion forms for the sentence 1-6. - Work in pairs. Then, W/C FB
- [HO1] T will ask Ss to fold the paper and see the Q1-Q6. - Tell Ss to write about their last holidays by answering each question (Q1-Q6) (5 min). - Work in groups (3-4 people). Share their stories with partners. (5 min) - Each group choose the one story to share with whole class. - W/C FB
- T will show the incorrect sentences on the board. - Aks Ss to why these sentences are wrong and elicit the correct andswers.