to identify and practice to use prefixes to make opposites of adjectives
to practice coorect prounuciation of adjectives and their opposites
Procedure (32-47 minutes)
* put students in 3 groups. get 3 photos of three well-known figures. * hand each group a photo and ask them to describe him/her. * tell them to use adjectives and the ones appeared in the reading article.
* draw a happy face on the board to elicit the word happy. *draw a sad face to elicit the opposite ' unhappy" * Ss look in pairs at the list in EX.3a and they find the opposites.They can go to the article. * write the table on the board and check with class
* Ss look at EX.3b and work in pairs to write the adjectives in the table. * ask Ss to write the adjectives on board. * check with the whole class.
* Ss look at the list of adjectives and their opposites. * Ss listen to CD and repeat. * drill students to repeat chorally and individually.
* Ss work in pairs * one has to say an adjectives , the other needs to say the opposite * monitor and check.
* ss form 4 groups * give each group slips of paper and they need to make adjectives. * collect papers and ask them to use the adjectives and other in the following activity. * tell ss that they will speak about why a friend is good and why he/she is bad. *they should use TL