Lexis on Description of a Perfect Face
Upper Intermediate level
To provide practice, review and clarification of the lexis on Facial Features in the context of Perfect Face
To provide deduction and specific information via a listening practice about description of an attractive face in the context of survey
Procedure (41-58 minutes)
1. Ask students about their opinion on the most beautiful woman and handsome man in the world. 2. Ask students about their opinion on what makes them more attractive than the other women and men.
1. Draw two circles and in the middle of them write "A Beautiful Woman" and "A Handsome Man" 2. Ask the students to give ideas and descriptions and write them as if arrows are popping out of the circles. 3. Show them outcome viuals from a survey carried out in Britain and as them the pictures represent their idea of a perfect male/female.
1. Ask the students to match the words in two lists as the whole class. 2. Check the answers all together.
1. Give the meanings of the phrases that describe the perfect facial features by showing relevant visuals. 2. Use CCQ technique here. 3. Work on pronunciation via giving the phonemic transcription and showing the linkings between phrases 4. Drill the phrases, give model sentences orally and then write them on the WB.
1. They listen to a text on the features that make a face attractive. 2. Compare their opinions with the listening text.
1. Stick pictures of different portraits 2. Ask the Ss. to work in pairs and describe a portrait without telling their partner which one they are talking about. And their partner tries to guess which portrait s/he is describing.
1. Ask students to act out in pairs to role-play as a police and a complainant. The complainant describes the attractive person, who stole his/her purse as s/he was staring at his/her attractive face.