A 1 level
To provide students with the form of the negative in the present simple.
To provide receptive skill ( speaking) in which students listen for gist.
Procedure (26-37 minutes)
* greet the students * get the students names if any just show up * use photos of items of technology and inventions to familiarize the students with the listening vocabulary. * stick the photos on the board and ask students to name them * help where necessary and give models of correct prounciations
* before listening, students read the words in in the HO LIstening ex.1a. * give correct pronunciation and help with the word stress. * pre- teach the verb " use" and provide examples. * students listen to three conversations and thick the words they hear. *students check their answers in pairs and then with the whole class. * students get two minutes to read through the sentences in Listening ex.1b. * students listen to the CD and decide if the sentences are true or false.Listen again if necessary. * students check in pairs.
* show the students your empty pocket and say " I don't have money". * ask one student " Do you have money in your pocket?" to elicit I have or I don't have. * give another example by saying " I have a car in Libya" '......I don't have a car in Istanbul" to elicit "but" * give students examples to introduce " but & and" *in pairs, students do Grammar ex.1a. Help the students with the first sentence. * check with the whole class.
* put the students in a group of four. * write "The teacher has a house in Istanbul." and ask them to check if this is true or not. Elicit the question " Do you have a house in Istanbul?" * students in a group ask the teacher a question to check if it's true or not for the teacher. * If not true, they need to change the sentence into negative. * check with the whole class
* write two words on the board " & " * give models how the two sounds are pronounced. * students listen to words in 3a. and repeat chorally and individually. *