Ceyda TP 2
To provide clarification and practice of Present Perfect
To give student speaking practice to develop their accuracy
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
• Re-cap on the last classes reading task • WB - In PW I will ask the students to find 2 sentences (which I will write on the board ) in the reading from the previous lesson, once found they will put their hand up. • Going round the class I will then ask one person from each pair to show me the answer
• FB- I will then ask if anybody knows the difference between these 2 sentences. (I’m finding out their knowledge). • If confused faces I will explain one is PAST SIMPLE ‘finished time’ and the other is PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE Time ‘up to now’ and I will draw the time lines. • I will give them a hand out of ‘I have (I’ve) and go through this quickly so they understand the difference between I HAVE and I’ve
• I will then write up and drill more model sentences (see separate sheet) • I will then give out the questions I want them to answer about the 2 statements
• In PW the students will answer Q2. • I will give them cards with ‘Finished Time’ and ‘Time up to now’ on them and time expressions • I will explain to put the correct expression under the correct headings. They should now have a good understanding.
• PW – I WILL CHANGE THE PAIRS. I will give out a sheet with sentences on and they have to fill in the gap with the correct tense. I will give an example but I’m assuming by now they will have an understanding. • WC will then go through the answers
• To finish they will do a speaking exercise. I will go through the hand out and give ICQ’S. . before I give the students a hand out • I will go through the vocab to check they understand. CCQ’S • WC the students will walk round the class and find out who has done what on the sheet. They will write their names and ask them questions. • Once this is finished we will have FB.
• If I have time – I will ask the students to write down on a piece of paper another experience they have had. E.g. I’ve eaten lambs head. • They will then fold this paper and give it to me. I will then give each person and piece of paper. I will check to make sure that no one has their own paper. • The students will then have to go round the class and find out who the piece of paper belongs to. (They will need to ask the question - Have you ever eaten lambs head? • When they have found the owner they can ask more questions – When did you? Where did you? Did it taste nice?