to introduce and provide practice in the lexical set of jobs.
to provide reading task to consildate personal infromation language from previous lessons
Procedure (36-49 minutes)
* Greet the students. * write the word' alphabet" on WB and ask the students to say the alphabetical order * provide an example by saying my name ' Ahmed" and point out that my name stars with the first letter of the alphabet . * ask sts to stand up and ask each other about their names. * then they need to line in alphabetical order according to their initials.
* show some job flash cards. elicit the jobs and drill pronunciation ( individual and choral) * introduce my job " I'm a teacher" . elicit the students jobs and help them with the names of their jobs.
* students need to read five short texts and match them to pictures. * help the students to understand the instruction by reading the first text and match it to the right picture. * after they finish the task, students can check their answers in pairs. * drill the new vocabulary by using flash cards. * check the students pronunciation.
* students read the text again * they have a chart they need to complete with a name, a country and a job * help the students with the first row. * ask students to check their answers in pairs. * get the whole class to listen to the correct answer. * make some sts read the text to the class.
* write on WB four words to illustrate the four consonant sounds. * students listen to how they are pronounced and ask students to repeat. * show the sound in each word. * elicit some words which have these sounds. * ask students to practice with a partner. * write the words on WB and give model