To provide clarification of comparatives in the context of animals
To provide specific information listening practice using a text about migration in the context of animals
To provide scan reading practice using a text about migration in the context of animals
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of journeys
Procedure (42-56 minutes)
Ask Sts what they did yesterday night. Ask about their favorite tv programmes. Ask if they like animals or not. Elicit documentry. Talk abot their favorite animal. Ask if animals always stay at the same place or they go to different countries.
Show a picture of migrating animals and ask what they see in the picture. Elicit 'migration' drill it and write it on the board. Show a picture of a chicken laying eggs and elicit 'laying eggs', drill it and write it on the board. Draw a male and female sign on the board and elicit 'male' and 'female' drill and write them on the board. (use red and blue boardmarkers to help Sts understand the difference.) Show a picture of bungee jumping and ask if they like to do bungee jumping or not and ask why? elicit 'dangerous' drill if necessary and write it on the board.
1. (Activity 1 in the book page 84) Show the reading text on the book and ask what kind of journeys it describes. 2. Put them in pairs. Say we have four adjectives about travel journeys.Ask them to find the opposite adjectives in the text. 3. (activity 3 in the book p 84) Put them in new pairs by changing the seat of one of them and ask them to describe their journey from home to school. Tell them to use the adjectives in the activity 1 and 2. 4. Ask some of them to do WC feedback.
1. Show the pictures of three animals on page 85 and ask is they know these animals. Tell them they will listen to a biologist talking about their migration. Listen to him and match the animals to the distances. 2. WC feedback. 3. Tell them they will listen againg and answer the questions. (chest the book and show the questions.) 4. Let them check their answers with their friends. 5. WC feedback.
1. Turn off the projector. Use the board. Use your mimics and gestures and elicit 'big'. Write it on the board. elicit 'cold, hot, dangerous, cheap, expensive, long, interesting, easy, high' and write them on the board. (Drill if necessary). use your mimics and gestures and elicit 'bigger', drill and write it next to the big on another colomn. Elicit 'colder' drill and write on the board. Put them in pairs and ask them to the rest. give them 2 mins. 2. Let them come to the WB and write onthe board. Elicit the 'adjectives' and Comparative adjectives' and write them on the board at the top of the adjectives. 3. Turn the projector on and do the listening 2.4 to focus on stress.
1. Show the cards that have two people or things wtitten on them and an adjective is given. 2. Ask them to make a sentence and tell their partner with the given words. 3. Ask them to stan up and and talk to different people and tell your sentence. 4. Çonitor and correct their mistakes immediately.
1. Put them in groups of three. 2. Ask them to take out their mobile phones and make sentences by using the adjectives we learned.
1. Tell them to make sentences on the given subjects in the activity 11 on p 85. 2.Monitor and note their erors. Write their errors on the board at the end of the lesson and correct the mistakes whole class together.