Teaching practice 5
In this vocabulary lesson the main aim is to get the sts to build and use words in the context of conspiracy theory
To get sts to speak using some of the vocabulary in discussions on the subject of conspiracy theories.
Procedure (40-52 minutes)
- Play audio 2.19 - Point at the WB and ask: - Do you think these stories are possible? - Do you think they are probably true? - Is it unlikely that the CIA is listening to telephone conversations anywhere in the world? - Is there any certainty that these stories are true? - Are those stories definite truths?
- By eliciting from sts do the first line with " possible" as an example. - sts work in pairs - Give HO - monitor - Feedback - answer key
- Write the example on WB: - I___________agree with that.(definite) - Elicit the answer from sts. - Tell the sts to work alone; - Ask them : Are you going to work in groups? No; In pairs? No. How are you going to work? Alone. - Monitor - Peer check - Feedback - Answer key
- Write on WB : - How true do you think these conspiracy theories are? - Tell the sts to discuss in pairs the conspiracy theories on the HO. - Ask: Are you going to write anything? No - monitor - Feedback, review the questions and try to link back to vocabulary still on WB
- In pairs create your own conspiracy theory. - give HO - monitor - Ask for volunteers to tell the group their story