Monday Dec.5.2022 Functions Misunderstandings
English 11 level
To provide clarification, review and practice of language used for making requests in the context of dealing with misunderstandings.
To provide detailed listening practice using a text about phone conversations in the context of dealing with misunderstandings.
Procedure (55-70 minutes)
1. Have you ever had a significant misunderstanding with someone? 2. In pairs, tell each other what happened. How did you clear it up? 3. Share your situation with the teacher.
1. Read question 3A. 2. Listen to the conversations. 3. In pairs, discuss what the misunderstandings are. 4. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read questions 1-8 in conversations 1-4. 2. Listen again and then answer the questions. 3. Check your answers with another pair. 4. Share your answers with the teacher.
At this stage, the teacher will work with the students on the following: 1. Meaning: Show the students photos of types of movies, elicit the meaning, and ask CCQs. 2. Pronunciation: Chorally and individually drilling and extra pronunciation tips. 3. Form: Explaining the form of each word, I'll ask the students to guess the form and usage of the new vocabulary.
1. In C, read expressions 1 to 7 without completing them. 2. Read the missing words in the box. 3. complete the expressions with the correct word. 4. Check your answers with another student. 5. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read conversations 1 to 7 in 4A. 2. Read the head of the question. 3. In pairs, put the sentences in order. 4. Check your answers for mistakes.
1. Work in pairs, complete speaker A conversation in your own words. 2. In pairs, choose a topic to misunderstand. Have a conversation about it! 3. Pretend to miss understand each other!