To provide a productive writing practice of a email in the context of returning an online product.
To provide practice of expressions in the context of returning an online product.
To provide clarification of language used for writing emails in the context of to return online purchases.
Procedure (45-45 minutes)
- T shares screen and shows two writing samples in the Jamboard. - Jamboard has questions for students to elicit in the context of emailing to return an online product. Have you returned something which you bought online? Why? Why do the buyers want to return the products? What do they want to happen next? - T demo and let SS know that she will turn off her camera, so SS can speak among themselves for 3 min. - T conducts OCFB, elicits responses and records before moving on to the next stage.
- T shows a writing sample of an email to return an online product. - T shares a Google Form link, so they can work independently. T ask SS if they can open the form. - INSTRUCTIONS: Read the email and answer the questionnaire. - T demonstrates activity. SS have 5 minutes. - T sends students to BoR to check their answers in pairs for 2 minutes. - T conducts OCFB and displays correct answers as soon as SS return to the main room. - T asks SS how the ideas are connecting in the email.
- T shows a new Jamboard slide - T cover MF of the TL trough a guided discovery method. Meaning CCQs: Select the correct answer: 1. I recently ordered... Is it talking about something that happened a long time ago, yes or no? *No Is does related to buy or to sell? *Buy 2. I'm afraid I'm not happy with it because... Is it an expression used to express discomfort, yes or no? *Yes Is does refer to a synonym of "I didn't like it"? *Yes 3. As a result, I'd like to return... Is it a synonym to receive the product again? *No Is refer to a consequence yes or no? *Yes 4. Could you please send me... Is it a synonym to receive the product again? *Yes Does it refer to formal or informal request? *Informal Form 1. I recently ordered... Subject + Adverb + Verb Does "recent" need to end in -ly to become an adverb? *Yes 2. I'm afraid I'm not happy with it because... Subject + To be + Adjective + Subject + To be + Adjective + Preposition + IT + Conjunction Does "I'm afraid" or "I'm not happy" the verb to be? *Yes 3. As a result, I'd like to return... Noun + Subject + Modal Verb + Verb + Preposition + Verb Is "I would like returning" or "I would like to return"? *I would like to return 4. Could you please send me... Modal Verb + Subject + Exclamation + Verb + Pronoun + ? After could the verb ends with -ing? *No. It should be in their base form
- T shares screen and displays a PP slides with 2 emails samples - Instructions: SS will work individually to write an email to return an online product for 10 min. - T supervises slides to check writing production - T sends 5 points to check their classmates' email. - SS go in pairs to BoRs to share their tasks and correct them for 5 min. - T conducts OCFB, nominating SS to read their email out loud.
- T displays Jamboard with examples of correct and incorrect language use. - T conducts OCFB and reviews SS language use, eliciting from SS which examples need to be corrected and how to fix them.
- T writes examples of learners' production on the screen while SS are doing their productive writing samples. - T shows examples and asks SS to find the correct and incorrect sentences. - T conducts OCFB.