Monday Nov.28.2022 The future (predictions)
English 11 level
To provide clarification, review and practice of future in the context of making predictions.
To provide scan, detailed and inference reading practice using a text about future science in the context of making predictions.
Procedure (41-52 minutes)
1. In pairs, think of five inventions/discoveries/events that will change the world in the future. 2. Write down your predictions. 3. Compare your ideas with another pair. 4. Share your thoughts with the teacher.
1. Read the extracts from 1 to 5. 2. Read the head of question 4A. 3. In pairs, answer the questions. 4. Check your answers with other pairs. 5. Share your answers with your teacher.
1. Read the rules in B without completing the sentences. 2. Take a good look at the underlined words in 4A. 3. Complete the words with will, could to or be in pairs. 4. Check your answers with other pairs. 5. Share your answers with your teachers.
1. Read the text for gist without choosing the correct alternative. 2. Read question 5A. 3. Read again for specific details in pairs and choose the correct alternative. 4. Check your answers with another pair. 5. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. In a small group, discuss which predictions, if they come true, will be good/bad for the world? Why? 2. Write down a few ideas. 3. Share some of your ideas with the teacher.