TP7- Vocabulary- Clothes
By the end of the lesson, students will have practiced the meaning, form and pronunciation of some clothes vocabulary in the context of shopping on Black Friday.
To practice listening for detail in the context of shopping on Black Friday.
Procedure (47-60 minutes)
1) Ask students the following questions: What day is it today? Friday/ What month is it now? November. 2) Try to elicit from students the expression of 'Black Friday'. 3) Ask students to work in pairs to answer the following questions: What do you do on Black Friday? What do you like to buy on Black Friday?
1) Display on the screen the first test. 2) Give instructions to match the picture with the correct word. 3) Do a demo with students by eliciting the answer of the first question from them. 4) Set time limit of 5 minutes to finish the task individually. 5) Students check answers in pairs. 6) Reveal the answer key.
1) Elicit the meaning of the problematic words one by one. 2) Do some coral and individual drilling. 3) Write the words on the board. 4) Highlight the form and the phonological features on the board.
1) Display the second test on the screen. 2) Ask students to match the words to their definitions. 3) Do a demo with students and elicit the answer of the first question from them. 4) Set time limit of 5 minutes. 5) Ask students to work individually. 6) Give students the handouts. 7) Students check their answers in pairs. 8) Reveal the answer key on the screen. 9) Ask students to listen to an audio and answer some questions. 10) students listen to the audio. 11) Do a demo with them to answer the first questions. 12) Give them 3 minutes to answer the rest of the questions. 13) Play the audio again if needed. 14) Students check their answers in pairs. 15) Reveal the answer key.
1) Students practice speaking by asking and answering some questions about clothes in different occasions. 2) Do a demo with students and make them ask me some questions. 3) I answer their questions, using the words on the board. 4) Encourage students to use the words on the board while answering the questions. 5) Give students two minutes to write short notes to answer the questions individually. Ask ICQs - Are you going to write long sentences or short notes? Short notes - Will you work alone or in pairs? Alone 6) Students work in pairs to ask and answer the questions Teacher monitors and gives delayed feedback and some error correction related to the usage of ‘after- then- when’.