Monday Nov.7.2022 Vocabulary
English 11 level
To provide clarification, review and practice of planning and procrastination words in the context of questionnaire.
To provide detailed reading practice using a text about planning and procrastination in the context of questionnaire.
Procedure (53-72 minutes)
1. Read the introduction to the questionnaire. 2. In pairs, ask each other, "Are you a planner or procrastinator? 3. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read the head question and questions 1-4. 2. In pairs, take turns asking each other questions and recording the answers. 3. Compare your answers with your classmates. 4. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read the questionnaire. 2. Reread it and highlight or underline the new words you do not understand. 3. In pairs, work together to find the meanings of the words. 4. Share your work with the teacher. Show the new words and their meanings.
At this stage, the teacher will work with the students on the following: 1. Meaning: Show the students photos of types of movies, elicit the meaning, and ask CCQs. 2. Pronunciation: Chorally and individually drilling and extra pronunciation tips. 3. Form: Explaining the form of each word, I'll ask the students to guess the form and usage of the new vocabulary.
1. Read sentences 1-10 in 1C. 2. Read the head of the question. 3. Reread the questionnaire. 4. In pairs, match the phrases in bold with the definitions from 1-10. 5. Check your answers with another pair. 6. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read the questions in 1D. 2. Read the head of the question. 3. Write the questions on a piece of paper. 4. Go around the classroom asking each other questions. 5. You can add additional questions if you can!