Wednesday Oct.26.2022 Vocabulary
English 11 level
To provide clarification, review and practice of say and tell in the context of telling lies.
To provide detailed reading practice using a text about how do you know if someone is lying? in the context of telling lies.
Procedure (52-67 minutes)
1. Read the question in 1A. 2. In pairs, discuss the answer. 3. Share the answer with your teacher.
1. Read the text. 2. Read again, and underline the main points. 3. In pairs, discuss the text with a partner. 4. Share your ideas with the teacher.
1. Go through the whole handout, highlight, tell and say with the words that follow them. 2. Compare your findings with a partner. 3. Read the words to the teacher.
At this stage, the teacher will work with the students on the following: 1. Meaning: Show the students photos of types of movies, elicit the meaning, and ask CCQs. 2. Pronunciation: Chorally and individually drilling and extra pronunciation tips. 3. Form: Explaining the form of each word, I'll ask the students to guess the form and usage of the new vocabulary.
1. Read the question in 2A. 2. Read the sentences from a-f. 3. Read the sentences from 1-6. 4. In pairs, match sentences 1-6 with a-f. 5. Check your answers with another pair. 6. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read question 2B. 2. Get back to 2A. 3. In pairs, complete the table. 4. Check your answers with another pair.
1. Read the statements in C. 2. Read the head of C. 3. In pairs discuss the statements, do you agree or disagree?