By the end of this lesson, students will have been better able to listen for gist and specific information in the context of TV and radio programs.
To provide students with MPF of vocabulary in the context of TV and radio programs
To provide fluency and accuracy in the context of speaking about their favorite programs
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- I will show students a photo collage of famous TV presenters and let them guess the topic. - I will use the box in ex. 2a, Cutting Edge Intermediate, to introduce the vocab in addition to some hard vocab in the listening track. - I will ask students to discuss the meaning of vocabulary and try to match them with whether they are aired on the TV or the radio.
- They share answers with the class and clarify the difficult vocab if needed. - I will also clarify MPF of difficult words in the audio track. - I will use ICQs to check for understanding.
- Students will listen and match types of programs in the lead-in with the 5 tracks they will listen to. - They will check their answers in pairs and then share it with the class.
- Students listen and answer questions in ex.5 individually then check their answers in groups.
- Students will be divided into pairs and speak about their favorite shows. - Then they will report what their partner said.