Monday Oct.17.2022 Vocabulary
English 11 level
To provide clarification, review and practice of prepositions in the context of time/place and expressions.
To provide product writing practice of a questions/dialogue in the context of time/place and expressions.
Procedure (59-78 minutes)
1. Make a list of all the prepositions that you know. 2. Write a sentence for each. 3. Share your sentences with a partner. 4. Share your sentences with the teacher.
1. In the vocabulary section on page 22. 2. underline/highlight all the prepositions. 3. In pairs, make two sentences, one for time and one for a place, using some prepositions. 4. Share your sentences with the teacher.
At this stage, the teacher will work with the students on the following: 1. Meaning: Show the students photos of types of movies, elicit the meaning, and ask CCQs. 2. Pronunciation: Chorally and individually drilling and extra pronunciation tips. 3. Form: Explaining the form of each word, I'll ask the students to guess the form and usage of the new vocabulary.
1. Read the words in the box in 10. 2. Look at 1-10 mind maps. 3. In pairs, complete the mind map. 4. Check your answers with another classmate. 5. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read the sentences in 11. 2. In pairs, complete the sentences. 3. Check your answers with another classmate. 4. Check your answers with the teacher. 1. Read the sentences in 12A from 1-10 and a-j. 2. In pairs, match the sentences from 1-10 with a-j. 3. reread the sentences after matching them. Do they make sense? 4. Check your answers with another partner. 5. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read the sentences in exercise 12A again. 2. Individually write 6 to 8 questions using prepositions from 12A. 3. In pairs, take turns asking and answering the questions you wrote.
At this stage, the teacher will provide feedback on fluency