Sunday Oct.9.2022 Vocabulary
English 11 level
To provide clarification, review and practice of types of movies in the context of favorite types of movies.
To provide detailed reading practice using a text about types of movies in the context of favorite types of movies.
Procedure (57-61 minutes)
1. Make a list of your favourite movies. 2. In pairs, exchange lists. 3. Ask your partner why they like those particular movies. 4. Share your list of favourite movies with your teacher.
1. Read the types of movies in the box in 2A. 2. In pairs, think of the meaning of the types of movies. 3. Match the movies in the box with the list of movies you made earlier. 4. Read the sentences from a-k. 5. Read the words in the box one more time. 6. In pairs, match the sentences with the words in the box. 7. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Read the text. 2. Highlight the words that indicate: a. types of movies b. movie names.
At this stage, the teacher will work with the students on the following: 1. Meaning: Show the students photos of types of movies, elicit the meaning, and ask CCQs. 2. Pronunciation: Chorally and individually drilling and extra pronunciation tips. 3. Form: Explaining the form of each word, I'll ask the students to guess the form and usage of the new vocabulary.
1. Read the questions in 2C. 2. In pairs, discuss and answer the questions. 3. Write down your partner's answers. 4. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Think of movies that you like very much. 2. Write down the name of the movie and its type. 3. Write a summary of the story of the movies. 4. In pairs, exchange movies. 5. Ask each other more detailed questions about the movie, like who the actors are? Who is the director? Is it about fact or fiction? And more details about what happened in the film. 6. The teacher will take notes for later feedback at this stage.
At this stage, the teacher will provide detailed feedback on accuracy and fluency.