Tuesday Sep.20.2022 Grammar
English 11 level
To provide clarification, review and practice of present simple, past simple, present continuous, past continuous, present perfect and future in the context of usage of the tenses.
To provide clarification of of the six tenses in the context of the usage/meaning of the tenses.
Procedure (49-63 minutes)
1. The teacher will write the six tenses on the board. 2. Ask the students to write one sentence for each tense. 3. Ask the students to read their sentences to each other. 4. Share your sentences with your teacher.
1. Read the head of B. 2. Read the sentences from 1-4. 3. Start completing the sentences. 4. Read the head of 5A. 5. Read the tenses from a-d and then 1-4. 6. Then match the underlined verbs with the tenses. 7. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Explain the usage of the tenses, elicit and provide examples. 2. Tell the usage ask the students to guess the tense. 3. Then Ask the students to provide examples.
1. In pairs, complete the sentences in 6A. 2. In pairs, compare answers with other groups. 3. Share your answers with the teacher.
1. Give an example of the following task. 2. In pairs, ask your partner questions. 3. Write your partner's profile. At this stage, the teacher will take notes and provide accurate feedback.