TP4_ Darwin_ Vargas
To provide review of present perfect simple and past simple in the context of a text about celebrities
To provide gist and scan reading practice using a text about celebrities
Procedure (32-42 minutes)
T. will say hello to Ss. and briefly ask about their days. T. presents and shows two silhouettes of celebrites. Then, T. tell Ss. to discuss "what do you know about these celebrities". -2 minutes T. gives a demo and asks ICQs (e.g. do you need to write or discuss?) T. nominate Ss. to check their answers with the class - 2 minutes
1. T. explain to the Ss. that they will read the real stories of the two images. 2. T. shares the screen. 3. T. explains they have to read for general idea of the text and not to read for specifics for (1 minute – individual read). And after that, they will answer a Google Form with the question "what does the reading mention" and some options to choose. 4. T. gives a demo and asks ICQs (what do you need to do?) and sends the link of a Google Sites with the reading and the questions. 5. T. opens the breakout rooms and tell them to discuss answers - 2 minutes 6. When Ss. finish, T. check the answers with the whole class nominating Ss. - 2 minutes
1. T. explain to the Ss. that they will do an exercise in groups where they fill the gaps with grammar taken from the reading. 2. T. shares the screen and shows the exercise. 3. T. gives a demo and asks ICQs (e.g. do you need to work individually?) 4. T. shares the link of a Google Forms and opens the breakout rooms. 5. Then, T. check the answers with the whole class nominating Ss. (2 minutes)
1. T. shares the screen on Google Slides and starts analysing the target language. 2. T. nominates the Ss. and checks meaning and comparing the present perfect and past simple senteces and eliciting the answer with options. T. also compares timelines of the tenses. 3. T. nominates the Ss. and checks form giving them options to elicit the structure of the tenses. T. also elcits the negative form asking CCQs. 4. T. nominates the Ss. and checks pronunciation, first modeling stress, linking and weak forms; and then using choral and individual drills.
1. T. explain to the Ss. they will do a gap filling activity about the tenses (individual work- 4 minutes ) 2. T. gives a demo and asks ICQs (e.g. do you need to complete with the tenses ?) 3. T. sends the link of Google forms in the chat and asigns pages 1,2,3,4 to the breakout rooms. 4. Ss. now discuss in groups their answers and T. opens breakout rooms (2 minutes) 5. Then, T. check the answers with the whole class nominating Ss. (2 minutes)
1. T. shares and sends a link on Zoom’s chat to a Google Slide with the instruction: ● "Find 2 things your partner has done or has not done in their life" 2. T. explains they will discuss in pairs using the tense (5 minutes), gives a demo of the question and asks ICQs (e.g. what is the grammar you need to use?) 3. T. monitors Ss.
1. T. nominates Ss. to check on their classmates’ answers. (3 minutes ) 2. T. checks with Ss. in the board some goos points and mistakes that were made and elicits the corrections from students. (2 minutes )