Lesson 8_Travel in Turkey
Elementary A1 level
Students will focus on the language of I think and I think that. This will expand to I think you should in context of travel in Turkey.
Students will practice speaking and sharing what they think about areas to visit in Turkey.
Procedure (41-45 minutes)
1. Open PowerPoint to slide representing images of different locations in Turkey. 2. Ask questions such 'what do you think we will focus on tonight?' 'what do you think these pictures have in common'
1. Have PowerPoint open to map of Turkey 2. Ask students to come to board and place activities to different cities in Turkey (ski, dining, sailing etc)
1. Model example from PowerPoint 2. Have students practice speaking 3. Handout worksheet and have students complete in pairs 4. Review answers with class
1. PowerPoint slide focusing on use of I think you should.... 2. Review examples 3. Ask students to work in pairs and determine three places to go in Turkey when my Mom visits (at least 3). 4. Have some students share their itinerary with class.
1. PowerPoint with examples of comparing cities 2. Review examples with students. 3. Ask students to work in pairs to create sentences and practice speaking with each other.