TP7 - My favourite season
Beginner A1 level
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about people from different countries in the context of the seasons.
To provide clarification of seasons and seasonal activities vocabulary in the context of the seasons in different countries.
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in the context of seasons and seasonal activities in different countries
Procedure (34-46 minutes)
1. T shows sts four pictures of the seasons on the WB. 2. Teacher elicits names of the seasons/ names of the months and writes them on the WB.
1. T elicitis vocabulary for activities for the different seasons and writes them on the WB. 2. T pre-teaches vocabulary that sts need for the reading using pictures and miming. lake,sailing, baseball, ice-hockey, ice-skating. CCQ: What is the biggest lake in Turkey? Lake Van
1. T puts sts into 3 groups. 2. T gives sts the texts face down. 3. Sts have two minutes to read and think about the following question: *Is the text about WORK or FREE TIME ACTIVITIES (HOBBIES)? Free time activities (hobbies). 4. Sts discuss in their groups and give FB.
1. T tells sts to unfold the paper so they can see the comprehension questions. 2. T does the first question with the sts. 3. Sts answer reading comprehensions questions. 4. Sts check their answers with their groups.
1. T puts sts into new groups with at least one st from each group (A,B,C) in each new group. 2. Sts have to fill in the information chart by telling each other about their different texts. 3. Sts give WC FB. STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SHOW EACH OTHER THEIR TEXTS - THEY MUST SAY THE INFORMATION.
1. T writes the following question and answer structure on the WB. What's your favourite season? Why? My favourite season is ________________ because I like ______________________. His/her favourite season is ___________ because he/she likes __________________. 2. In pairs, students discuss their favourite seasons. 3. WC FB.