Upper Intermediate level
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of the memorable event.
To provide practice of using natural expression to describe the memorable event.
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
1. Elicit Ss what the photos are. 2. In pairs, Ss will discuss the question for 2 min. 3. T gives feedback
1. Ss listen to the audio and answer the question individually. 2. T shows Ss answer and ask what the story was about. 3. T elicit S what words she used to describe the event. 4. T asks Ss what other words you can use to describe the event. 5. T shows Ss the words we can use to describe the event.
1. Ss will listen to the audio one more time and answer the question in Google Form. (2min) 2. In pairs, s will check the answer with the partner. (2min) 3. T shows the answer and gives Ss feedback. 4. Ss will do a fill-in the gap activity in pairs. (3min) 5. T shows the answer and gives Ss feedback.
1. T introduces the interview activity to Ss. 2. Scaffold how to practice the speaking activity and encourage ss to use useful language during speaking. 3. In pairs, S will practice the interview activity with the partner for 15 min. T monitor and be there when they have a question. . T will switch around the partners if Ss are done with the activity.
1. T asks each S, whose event was the most interesting one. 2. Ss will nominate one S and give a round of applause. 3. Teacher gives feedback if Ss need any.