Packing a suitcase, vocabulary
By the end of the lesson, students will have been introduced to the meaning, pronunciation and from of a lexical set of words related to travelling.
By the end of the lesson, students will been given opportunities for controlled and freer oral practice of a lexical set of words related to travelling.
Procedure (45-49 minutes)
1. Welcome students to the lesson, ask about their day and how they are feeling. 2. Connect to Maher’s lesson and introduce topic: -“Yesterday with Maher, you talked about climates and countries. Are you ready to travel?” -“Look at the picture, what are we going to do today?”
1. “Here are some things which you can take to your holiday.” Show the words and the categories that need to be matched. -Tell students that they have three minutes to match the words and the categories. -Give a demo: “For example, glasses-1”. 2. After students are done, tell them to check in groups. -Tell them that they have three minutes to check their answers in groups. 3. When students come back, show them the answers on the screen. If they have questions, tell that you are going to explain.
1. Tell that now you are going to review some of these words. - present pictures, elicit meanings, model pronunciation, show the form from LA Lexis sheet.
1. present vocabulary task 2. Demo the first point. 3. tell ss they have 4 minutes for this task. 4. when everybody finished, tell they are going to check their answers in breakout room for 2 minutes. 5. when they are back, show the answers, ask was it easy, difficult or so-so?
1. Tell the students that after all the lessons they had together, you want to visit Cairo. Tell what would you take with you. 2. Give them 1 ticket and 30 seconds to think about the place they want to visit. 3. Tell your friends, where would you like to go and what would you take with you. 4. Tell them that they have 7 minutes to tell their friends about it in breakout rooms. 5. When they are back, ask them to tell if they were putting the same or different things. If they heard anything unusual.
1. Present and elicit mistakes they had (only those related to TL) 2. Ask if they have questions. 3. Tell the SS they will need these (picture packed suitcase) for your next lesson with Ms Yasmen. Thank the students for the lesson.