Beginner A1 level
To provide clarification and practice of Present Simple (he,she,it): WH-questions/ questions and short answers in the context of his/her best friend in the present simple.
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of his/her best friend.sts not only will be able to ask for information but to give information too. sts will form “wh” questions with the correct structure.
Procedure (44-55 minutes)
- I will reveal the picture of my best friend on the WB and let them ask me about him.
- I will elicit my model questions from sts and write them on the WB.
- I will focus on the MFP by highlighting the helping verbs and the main verbs.I will draw their attention to the order of the words.
- I will erase parts of the structure and let them complete it. - i will ask them to pronounce at each step. - I will focus on What /wət/ Where /we(ə)r/ When /wen/
- I will focus on do and does with he, she and it. - I will focus on the short answers of the short questions.
- I will reveal on chest the first handout and give them the instructions and an example. - In pairs, sts will write about their friends friend. - I will check and monitor, help for error correction and take notes. - I will check their answers as a WC, may be in a circle if time helps. - I will focus on the errors and drill the correct answer.
in groups, sts will practice speaking about their best friends. - I will monitor and help. - FB and error correction if needed.