TP8 LP_Allison Lee
Ss will be introduce to and practice passive forms in simple future/present/present perfect tenses
Ss will have a better understanding to use the structure of passive forms in the context of describing festivals.
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
1) I will give a brief introduction to the upcoming video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBZxgF7DH_o) I will ask Ss the following Qs: - What kind of food was being sold? - What kind of activities were performed? - Would you like to be a part of it? Why?
2) Ss will read a short paragraph and find out what is unusual about this celebration. The following Qs will be answered by Ss: - where is this? - who are the guests? -why do people appreciate monkeys? 3) A guided discovery google form will be provided by me and Ss will answer the Qs in the form. This is to check how well they understand the passive form. (Answer keys will be provided)
4) I will cover the meaning, form, and pronunciation to TLs below: (see TLAS in detail) 1) A festival will be held in Thailand. 2) Monkeys are believed to bring wealth in this town. 3) Chefs have been invited to prepare a wonderful meal.
5) A fill in the blank task will be provided in handout form. Ss will fill in the blank individually and I will put them in BORs to discuss the answers in pairs. Then, answers key will be provided.
6) For freer practice, I will put Ss into BORs and discuss the following: - Choose your own festival. Share the actives that are performed in the festival, what kind of food is eaten, what kind of music is played, and if there is any parade being held? - Would you like to attend the festival? Why or why not? Teacher's model: - In my culture, Moon Festival is a major event ….moon cakes are eaten every year during this time. A parade of unique lanterns is displayed….. 7) OCFB