language lesson A DEMO
E.C lvl 12 level
Ss will get know the difference between the present prefect and the present perfect continuous.
at the end of the lesson Ss will be able to use the present perfect and the present perfect continuous in the conversation.
Procedure (58 minutes)
- ask the Ss what do they do lately in their lives.
- tell the Ss some what is the text about.
- draw a thinking bubble on the board and name it (ideas) - Elicit some ideas from Ss and write them on the board
- ask Ss to listen and identify in each dialogue where has s/he been or what has s/he been doing. - ask Ss to listen to it again and tell the time periods were mentioned.
- ask Ss to indicate the TL (have/has been , have/has been v+ing) - make Ss to write the sentences of what they hear.
MEANING - explain the difference and the meaning of present prefect and the present prefect continuous - draw a time line to deliver the meaning of the TL - give two examples ( I've been teaching English for a year , I've taught English for lots of students) PRONOUNCIATION - show Ss how we pronounce 've - pronounce it with a clear voice and make repeat after you. FORM - Highlight the form of the TL CCQs - ask them when do we use the present perfect - ask them when do we use the present perfect continuous
- ask Ss to answer the EX. A (complete) in the book p99 - ask Ss to check their answers in pairs - provide them wih the key answers
- ask Ss to work in pairs and act like friends haven't been met in while and ask each other about things they have been doing for a month - and then ask them to switch with another person and tell him/her the information they have gathered