TP7 LP_Allison Lee
To develop writing skills in the context of writing a thank you note/letter
To provide reading skill both for gist and detailed through samples of thank you letters and notes
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
1) I will ask below questions to start engage Ss and send Ss to BORs to discuss: - When was the last time you received presents? - What was it? Who was it from? - Did you like your present? - Would you like to thank this person?
2) Gist Task: I will provide 4 samples of thank you note and let Ss read quickly and ask below questions: - What is each person writing thanks for? - Who do you think is the most thankful? Why? 3) Layout: I will show one of the thank you note as a sample layout and guide Ss what content can be included in a thank you note: - WHO to thank - WHAT to thanks for (details) - LOOK AHEAD for the next time - RESTATE your thanks - END with regards
4) I will quickly go over some useful phrases: - Thank you so much for .../I appreciate your ... - I had the most pleasant time. - It made my day when I opened ... - That was very nice of you. - Thank you for being so thoughtful. CCQ: What are the words can replace thoughtful? Considerate/kind/helpful - Many thanks again for your ... - You're such an angel. -Let me treat you to ...
5) Ss will write a thank you note/letter to anyone desired. (Google docs) Think about... the ways you can show your sincerity and appreciation. why are you thanking this person? would you give something in return?
6) Publishing: Ss will read partner's note and share WHO and WHY/WHY they thanks for. - Who is the person that your partner thanks for? - Why is your partner thanking this person? - Would your partner give something in return? 7) DEC/OCFB