When is your birthday?
To provide clarification and practice of language used for making suggestions in the context of birthday
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a role play in the context of what to do on Saturday
Procedure (36-45 minutes)
1. Greeting the students, I will draw two stick figures and ask them who they are to elicit a couple. 2. Ask students where people usualy go for birthdays and what they do.
1. Reading the dialog out to the sts. 2. wriying it on the board. 3. using different ways to model and drill it. 4. using the diappearing dialog technique to help them remember the dialogue with the function of making suggestions in it.
1. Highlighting the chunks the students need for the dialog and the next activity. 2. Working on function, its meaning and pronunciation.
1. Sts put the conversation in order. 2. They get feedback by listening to the correct form. 3. They work in pairs and practice the conversation.
1. Students work in pairs to write a conversation about next Saturday. 2. They will work in pairs practicing it. 3. They will work in groups of 4 telling each other what the other pair did. 4. One pair from ecer group will roleplay.
Correcting the students mistkaes as they are doing the activities and also before the class ends by writing some of their correct and incorrect utterance.