To provide clarification and practice of modals auxiliaries
To provide review the past continuous tense and writing.
Procedure (21-30 minutes)
1. Greeting 2.Asking what they did yesterday. 3.Asking what they were doing when the teacher arrived.
1. Showing the picture about earthquake 2. Creating a fight-or-flight atmosphere 3. Encouraging them to come up with some options 4. Showing a picture about the principal 5. Asking what she is going to say 6. Showing them blurry pictures 7. Asking questions: a) What are they? b) What are they doing?
1. Encouraging them to use modals for each situation 2. Helping them to give the correct answer 3. Giving the instructions
1. Showing the list of modals CCQs: Should: a) Is it good to do something? (Yes) b) Is it very important to do something? (No) c) Is there any other choice? (Yes) Can: a) Is it possible to do something? (Yes) b) Is it very important to do something? (No) c) Are there any other choices? (Yes) Must: a) Is it very important to do something? (Yes) b) Are there any other choices? (No) 2. Describing the other usage CCQs: Am/is/are: a) Are they describing a fact? (Yes) b) Are you sure about something? (Yes) Can't be: a) Is it a fact? (No) b) How much sure are you? (99%) Must: a) Is it a fact? (No) b) How much sure are you? (95%) May: a) Is it a fact? (No) b) Is it possible? (Yes) c) How much sure are you? (More than 50%) Might: a) Is it a fact? (N0) b) Is it possible? (Yes) c) How much sure are you? (less then 50%) 3. Introducing the negative forms 4. Describing how we can use them in a question 5. Asking if they have any questions
1. Showing them some blurry pictures 2. Asking what they think about them 3. Ask them these questions: a) What can you buy for your best friend's birthday? b) Where is your teacher's house? c) What must you do while fasting? ICQs: a. How many sentences should the answers say for each part? (At least one answer)
1. Showing the picture that they have lost their key 2. Asking them about possible choices in order to solve the problem 3. Showing the next picture 4. Asking to guess what the president wants to say about how to fight against Corona Virus and Disease ICQs: a. How many answers are needed for each part? (At least one answer) b. Can you help them if they didn't come up with any answer? (Yes)
1. Asking them to tell you what they have learned from the session ICQs: a. Should they describe all they have learned in minute detail? (NO) b. Should they give an absolute explanation? (Yes) 2. Briefly explaining the next lesson by wanting them to answer this questions: a) Which one is correct? They are sitting at the table or on the table? The market is on the table or at the table? To travel to Bhutan in Norooz or on Norooz? The key answers are in page 22 or on page 22? ICQs: a. Should they give their ideas for each sentence? (Yes) 3. Giving them a worksheet to write about: a) Their abilities: b) How to learn English: c) How to get a good score: ICQs: a. How many answers are needed for each part? (At least three answers) b. Should it be done as a homework? (Yes, if the time were over)