TP2 LP_Allison Lee
To let students practice the listening skill and provide gist and detailed practice in the context of an audio interview about jobs.
To provide clarification of words related to the audio content and what Ss ideas on different jobs..
Procedure (34-45 minutes)
1) I will show Ss some of my personal photos and ask them what do they think about my previous job. 2) I will ask Ss the following question: That was my job! Do you like your job? Why or why not
3) I am choosing 6 words from the audio content and cover definition and pronunciation. (Elicit the meaning from Ss) - Unusual - Furniture - Fortune Cookie - Wanton - Diver - to look for
4) I will tell the Ss that they will hear an audio for once and let Ss to just get a general idea of what the content is. 5) After hearing the audio, I prepare 4 questions to engage the Ss to the topic. It will be an open class discussion.
6) Ss will listen a second time. I will show the questions on the slides and ask if they have question regarding my questions. Then, I will do the 1st question with Ss. 7)Ss will answer detail questions and fill in the blanks. 8) Ss will check the answers in pairs using BORs. I will go into different BORs to see if the audio needs to be replayed) 9) After Ss check the answers in pairs, I will be using answer key to go over or check the answers. Will ask if they have questions on any of the answers.
10) I will have Ss discuss below questions via BORs. This is to have a fun discussion on Ss opinions about different jobs and the jobs they like or don't like: - Out of 3 unusual jobs that have discussed in the audio, the furniture tester, fortune cookies writer, and golf ball diver, which one would you do if you have to choose one as your job? Why? - Think of 3 jobs that you would like to do and 3 jobs you would hate to do. - Are there any jobs you would all like to do in your group? Maybe a professional basketball player, a singer, or a movie star? 11) Conduct feedback on the task - open class discussion