Celta course TP8
Beginner (A1) level
To provide practice of \"be going to" and "might" in the context of expressing the future
To provide fluency speaking practice of "be going to" "might" in the context of vacation plans.
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
- Teacher greets the students. - Teacher asks the students if they are ready for the vocational period. - Teacher asks them about what they have planned for it.
- Teacher presents students with the first activity. - Students are going to read and answer a few true or false questions. - Once time is up, Teacher shows the answers to the activity.
- Teacher asks them what some of the sentences in the text were used for. - After a few guesses (expected that students will get it in the second or third guess) teacher formally introduces the grammar point. - Teacher teaches MFP using examples of "be going to" and "might"
- Teacher introduces the second activity. - Students have to fill in the blanks using either might or be going to depending on what the sentence asks.
- Teacher introduces the last activity. - Students will have to tell each other their plans for these upcoming vacation days. - Teacher will provide them with a cheat sheet to help remind them on how to use the grammar points appropriately. - After time is up, teacher gives DEC. - Class dismissed.