To introduce and provide practice of speaking for fluency in the context of indispensible items
At the end of this lesson students will be able to talk about things that are important to them with the correct language
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- T will share the first page on Jamboard where Ss will see three images, teacher will ask Ss "Here we have three images, what do you think they mean?" - After listening to answers, if Ss don't guess T will tell them "These are things that are really important to me, what is something that is really important to you?" - After listening to some answers T will continue with the class
- T will share a link for the google forms "what is important for them" - Ss will listen to three audios and will listen for gist, they will have to answer what is the thing that is important for the speaker - T will say "I'm going to share a link with you for a form and you will have to listen to three speakers. What you have to do is listen to the audio and write what is the thing that is important for them, please do not submit the form." - After Ss listen to the audio T will ask them for the answers "Ok, so what is something the first speaker couldn't be without?" and so on. - Then T will share another link for the google forms "What did they say?" - Here Ss will have to select which phrases the speakers used to talk about their object - T will say "You are going to listen to the audios again but this time, you will have to select which sentences the speaker uses to talk about their object, for example if the speaker says 'I couldn't live without my mobile phone' you tick that square" - After Ss listen to the audio, teacher will send them to the BOR to compare answers - T says "you are going to go into the break out rooms to compare answers with a partner for a few minutes and then when you come back we will check answers, okay?"
- T will select three sentences from the listening and will say "take a look at this sentence, do you use this sentence is introducing objects, describing objects or saying why it is important?" this question is used to check meaning. - T will then say "now, listen and tell me which words sound louder" and then read the sentence. This is for Ss to notice the stress in the sentence.
- T will then share the next slide of the Jamboard and will say "Now it is your time to talk about what you. What you are going to do is talk with your partners about the things that you couldn't live without, I'm going to give you a minute to think to think about what you are going to talk about and then you will go into the breakout rooms, you will talk for about five minutes with someone and then you will change of partners" ICQ's are you going to talk about things that you don't like or things that are important to you? Things that are important to them How much time are you going to talk with your partners? 5 minutes and 5 minutes Before Ss go into the BOR teacher will give them an example of what they have to do "I couldn't live without my computer, I've had it for about 4 year now and it is really important to me because I have a lot of information there related to school but also personal things. I'm always using it, even if it is only to have some background noise. I'd be really lost without it."
- While students are doing the previous task teacher will monitor to listen to mistakes and also help them, then will use the mistakes made to give feedback. - Before giving feedback, teacher will ask two or three students to share about what they talked about - Provide feedback and if no mistakes were made talk show them some common mistakes and ask them to correct them.