English A level
To provide clarification and practice of functions in the context of prediction, offer, warning, threat, advice, and suggestions.
To provide clarification and practice of language used for functions.
Procedure (38-10 minutes)
1. Ask the students to write one sentence of each: prediction, offer, warning, threat, advice, and suggestions. 2. Ask the students to share their sentences with the class.
1. I will dictate six sentences write them down on your paper. 2. Read the six functions in the box. 3. Decide which sentence has which function. 4. Share your answers with us.
1. Provide more examples of each function. 2. Clarify the difference between each one. 3. Elicit the meaning of each function in a sentence.
1. Write down some situations where people bargain with each other. 2. Write an appropriate "if"sentence for each. 3. Share your sentence with the class, and let them guess the function.
1. Read the six functions. 2. Write six sentences with six functions. 3. Mention who are the people in each sentence.