TP3 - Lexis
To introduce and practice verb collocations in the context of everyday activities.
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice to talk about learners' everyday activities when they have a casual conversation with friends or people they know
To develop students’ understanding when arranging the order of a text, based on what happened on the reading.
To provide practice and clarification of daily routines or activities in the context of when talking about things they do on the week or did in the past (weekend/week/a specific day in the past).
Procedure (38-42 minutes)
● Setting Context: T will ask some questions to Ss for them to generate interest in the topic, as a warm-up activity. What did you do last weekend? Did you go out? What did you eat? 1-2 min for Ss to discuss in pairs or to share with the class what they did. If there are 4 or more Ss they will discuss the questions in Breakout Rooms. (2 min) ● T. nominates some Ss to share their answers regarding what their peer said or shared. T will ask if they did something similar.
● Gist task: T shares with ss a link to Google Forms for them to read quickly the text and order the steps of it. Ss will work individually first to order the ideas given in the correct order. ICQs before start. (2min) ● Peer check. Ss will have 1-2 minutes to discuss their answer with a classmate and compare the order. ● Feedback. T will ask one ss to share the order and based on that, the answers will be given. OCFB. Use the text and point the keywords to know this, T gives the first one and ss tell the rest. ICQs: ⮚ 1. Are you working individually or in groups? Individually ⮚ 2. Are you going the order the ideas based on what? The text
1. T will share the screen with the text to point out the vocabulary to teach in the text. MEANING: 1. T will share the screen to show the phrases and use visuals to explain the meaning. Ss are going to match the corresponding picture to the sentence adding a number in the yellow square. (if there are more than 4 students, the link will be shared for them to work in pairs using breakout rooms for 1-2 minutes) *T does the first picture as a demo then ss work in pairs or as a group. 2. OCFB. T will check the answers with the whole group. Nominate a s every time. FORM: 1. T will have sentences in two columns for ss to see the differences. One is going to be in present and the other one in the past tense. 2. **Establish the difference between these phrases: be cold (not hot) and have (got) a cold (ill); all weekend (all the hours in one weekend) and every weekend. 3. T will ask ss if the sentence have they same meaning using a different verb. They will answer and share opinions based on what they read on the reading. OCFB once they finish. PRONUNCIATION: 1. T checks on pronunciation reading the phrases, making emphasis on the word stress and ss will say the word it sounds more, Ss will receive help and feedback on the mistakes.
1. Ss will put into practice the vocabulary they have seen over the lesson. In pairs, they will do a fill-in-the-gap activity on a Jamboard writing the correct word based on the ones given. They will work with a peer and use breakout rooms if possible. 2. T will ask a s to share their answers and ask if they all agree. 3. OCFB. This can be done while asking ss to share their answer. *** There are verbs that are going to be changed to the past tense***
1. T will ask Ss to discuss some questions with a peer using the vocabulary seen in the class. They need to find at least 1 thing they did in common. T might ask further questions to promote interaction between Ss. 2. DEC