Jim is taller than Jenny
To provide review and clarification of Comparative adjective in the context of Jem is taller than Jenny
To provide practice of comparing and contrasting adjectives in the context of Jem is taller than Jenny
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
- T discusses with the Ss about driving and how they get to work or home.
- T drills with Ss a list of vocabulary - Ss read the text (This box is heavy) silently. - T asks comprehension questions.
- T clarifies to Ss about the comparative forms of good and bad - Ss practice some sentences in grammar - T leads the Ss to make complicated questions in comparatives
- Ss answer exercise C on page 220 in pair work. - Ss answer exercise A on page 220 in pair work
- Ss practice grammar with other class mates in describing appearances and objects in class