Celta course TP2
To provide specific information listening practice using an audio about airports in the context of fight and travel anecdotes
To provide practice of airport vocabulary in the context of flights and travel
To provide fluency speaking practice in a casual manner in the context of flight anecdotes
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- Teacher greets the students. - Teacher starts out a natural conversation with students about the topic, asking questions like: "Have any of you gone on a flight?" and "Which part of the world would you like to fly to?"
- Teacher shows students some words and definitions - Teacher tells students that they have to match the definitions with the words they belong to. Teacher should allow room for volunteers, but if they are not eager to participate then Teacher should choose a student to participate. - After they match a word with its definition, Teacher should show a visual aid to clear up any possible confusion. Only possible ICQ: * What are you going to do?
- Teacher shows a picture relevant to the audio students are about to listen. - Teacher asks students what they think is going on in the picture in order to elicit interest in the activity. After 2 or 3 guesses, the activity continues. - Teacher explains the activity. Students will have to listen to an audio and look for the answers to specific questions. Teacher should encourage writing down important information. ICQs: * What are you listening to? * What are you listening for? - After the audio is played, Teacher displays the answers to the students and asks if there is anything they would like to be clarified. If so, then Teacher clarifies, if not, then the lesson continues.
- Teacher moves on to the next activity. Teacher tells the students that the audio will be played again, but this time, they have to listen for more specific information in order to answer the next activity. - Teacher shows the next activity and runs through what the students will have to do. Students will listen to the audio and mark if the statement is true or false. Only possible ICQ: * What are you going to do? - After the audio plays and the students are done answering, they will be sent to BORs to check and compare their answers between them. (5 minutes) - If while monitoring students seemed to be lost in terms of the contents of the audio, then Teacher plays it again. - Once they are done, show the answers for them, and once again offer clarification in case they need it.
- Teacher tells students it's time to share. Teacher gives the students some conversation topics related to flight and asks students to pick one to talk about. - Teacher then will send the students to BORs to talk about the topic with their peers. (5 minutes) ICQs: * What are you going to do? * How much time will you have? - After students come back, conduct DEC if needed. - Wrap up