Celta course TP1
To provide reading practice for gist and specific information in the context of ghosts
To provide inference in the context of specific information
Procedure (41-53 minutes)
- Teacher introduces the topic of "ghosts" in the form of an anecdote incorporated in normal conversation. Preferably, Teacher should talk about a movie or a well-known legend, as well as briefly describe what they are about. - Teacher asks students for ghost-related anecdotes of their own. (Leave room for participation, but pick a student if they seem hesitant.)
- Teacher introduces some words the students might not be familiar with. - Through a matching game, Teacher asks Students to guess the meaning of the words. Correction is made immediatly if needed.
- Teacher introduces the text to the Students and asks Students to read the text. (3-5 minutes) - After Students read the text, Teacher asks them what they thought of it. -Teacher asks Students to continue to the next part of the Google Form, where they will have to answer Activity 1. (3-5 minutes) -After Students are done answering, Teacher gives OCFB to check answers. (1-2 minutes)
- Teacher asks Students to continue to the next part of the Google Form. - Teacher tells Students to read the text again, but this time they should look for specific information to answer the true or false statements in activity 2. (4-7 minutes) - Once Students check all the statements, Teacher tells them that they will go into BORs to check their answers with a partner. (5-7 minutes)
- When Students return to the main lobby, another quick OCFB will take place, but Teacher should allow students to elaborate on their answers. Teacher should probe for elaboration whenever possible without being overbearing.