Vocabulary- Verbs & prepositions
Vocabulary- using verb+ preposition
Speaking for accuracy
Procedure (23-38 minutes)
- ask the Ss the following questions which are related to the text " Get away From it all!" they studied in the previous lesson. * Who are the first space tourists? * How much did they pay? * What is the company that organizes these trips called? * What did the president of the company say?
- Ask some of the Ss the following questions: * How did you come to school? * How much do you pay when you buy a burger sandwich? * How do we travel from a country to another?
- Use the pictures to introduce the vocabulary related to prepositions (to/ by/ for/ from/ through/ about). - Work with the Ss on the pictures to help them elicit the vocab. - Do drilling with the Ss by using the text on page ---- to find the verbs.
- focus the Ss back on the text by giving them an example of one verb+ preposition from the text. - Ask the Ss to go through the text and find the verbs mentioned. - Ask the Ss to find which preposition followed the verb. - Ask the Ss to do ex4a, pg----. - Check the Ss' answers in pairs. - Check the Ss answers quickly.
- write the Ss' answers on the WB. - Help the Ss elicit the meaning of each verb+ preposition. - clarify to the Ss the meaning, form and pronunciation of each verb+ preposition by using CCQs. (See the language analysis page) -Drill with the Ss chorally and individually. - Ask the Ss to do exercise 5b, pg---- to fill in the gaps with the correct form of the verbs in brackets and the correct preposition. - Check the Ss answers.
- Ask the Ss to write two sentences using the prepositions. - Get feedback from the Ss. - Ask the Ss to work in pairs to ask and answer questions using the prepositions. - Ask the Ss feedback on what they know about each other. - Write some of the Ss feedback. - Do a delayed error correction, if there, by discussing the sentences with the Ss.