Beginner A1 level
To provide clarification and practice of vocab about things you like , don't like; love and hate in the context of favourite and free time activities
To provide review and practice of Present Simple in the context of favourite and free time activites
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- Students will look at the pictures in pairs and discuss what they can see. - Sts will match words with pictures. - Feedback- I elicit an answer for each picture and write the answers on the board. - Drilling for pron.
- I will show them the picture of four faces to elicit the meaning of love/like/don't like/hate. - For more clarification I will draw a Cline to show them the four meanings. -I will elicit examples from sts using the verbs and the vocab from the previous activity. -I will highlight the form on the board.
- I will dictate three sentences about me-using the TL- sts write. - I will get the sts to write a sentence about themselves using the vocab of the pictures with like/love etc.I will monitor and do error correction.
- I will model the question form-do you like--------? and elicit answers from sts- yes Ido/No, I don't. - I will write some of these Qs on the WB and highlight the form and then drill for pron.
- Mixing the sts up and getting them to ask and answer "Do you like" Qs. - I will give them a handout with different things to talk about in pairs, and I will take notes of any errors. - I will get the FB by getting sts to make sentences using 3rd person and I will do error correction as necessary.