Grammar present continuous
To provide review and practice of present continuous tense in the context of special occasions
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of clothes
Procedure (24-47 minutes)
* The teacher asks students to think about how many text messages they send per day and to whom. * Get some feedback from the class and find out who send the most messages.
* Refer students to the text messages and ask them to discuss the two questions. Where is Lola? Where is Jason? The students send the answers with using their phone. When they get their messages on the phone, the teacher elicits feedback in the classroom.
* SS look at the questions and answer the questions. Then, the ss check in pairs.
* In exercise 2, The ss complete the table with examples of the present continuous from the text messages. * The ss check answers in pairs. * The teacher gives feedback.
* The teacher tells students to look at the picture. Say: ' Poppy is eating dinner' and ask them if this is true or false.Elicit that it is false and it shoud be written ' Poppy isn't eating dinner.She's phoning a friend. * The ss do the task in exercise 4. When they finish, they check their answers in pairs. * The teacher checks answers as a class.
*The ss use the prompts to make questions in the present continuous tense. *Then, the teacher checks answers as a class.
* The ss mingle in the classroom and ask the questions in exercise 5 to their partner. Teacher monitors and help as necessary. * If the class is stronger, encourage the ss to create more questions of their own to ask their partners.