To provide clarification and practice of clothes in the context of special occasions
To provide listening practice using a text about clothes
Procedure (26-55 minutes)
* To introduce the topic, the teacher starts the lesson with a video called 'the clothes song'. * In the end of the video, the teacher asks to the students "how about you?" * The teacher tries to understand what the students know about the vocabulary of clothes and elicits the vocabulary of clothes.
* The teacher ask ss which items of clothes they like /don't like. * The ss match the words to the clothes with their partner on page 38 exercise 1. * The whole class discusses about the answer. * To learn the new vocabulary, the teacher divides the classroom into two groups and put the clothes crossword on the whiteboard. One student from each group tries to find the vocabulary and write the word on the crossword puzzle.The group who finishes early and finds many words will be winner.
* The teacher play the recording 2.02 in exercise 2 , pause after each item of clothing for students to repeat. * The teacher checks the ss stress the words correctly and shows the stress on the whiteboard if it needs. * Drill the class on the pronunciation of more difficult words.
* With a weaker class, the teacher checks their understanding by asking students to identify in the room that has each colour. * The teacher divides the classroom into two group to play memory game. All the cards are placed face down on a flat surface. A player turns up two cards, and if they match, they are collected by the player. If they don't match, the cards are flipped over and it's the next player's turn. The player with the most matching sets of cards wins at the end of the game. * The teacher divides the classroom into four groups and give colourful papers to each group. Then, the ss write sentences using the colours to describe the clothes in the picture.When they finish, each group sticks the paper on the whiteboard and another groups check the sentences and correct them.
* In speaking exercise 4, one volunteer comes in the middle of the classroom. Then, look at the classroom for a minute and the teacher blindfold. Now, the ss ask three questions about the classroom. For example: 'What colour is the Merve's bag?' . One volunteer comes in the middle of the classroom and it goes like that. * The teacher monitors and helps as necessary.
* The teacher asks the ss if they wear different clothes at the weekend from their clothes during the week and get some feedback. *The teacher plays the recording 2.03 in exercise 5 and pause after each speaker to allow students time to answer. Then, the teacher writes the answer on the whiteboard and the ss check them. * In exercise 6, the teacher read three questions and get the students to ask the teacher questions ans answer them about yourself. Then, the ss work in pairs. The teacher monitors and check for correct pronunciation. * In exercise 7, The ss describe different people in the class and their partner has to guess who they are describing.