To practice listening and speaking.
to practice functional language for egreeing and disagreeing.
Procedure (41-53 minutes)
1. T shows a discussion programme picture and asks about the picture and gets the famous discussion programmes names from the Ss. 2. T shows another picture of a famous man in turkey, makes TV programmes about education. Links to the education subjet.
1. T groups Ss in 3 2. Gives discussion cards to the Ss. 3. They will have 6 min. 4. WC FB
1. Teacher shows the TV discussion program picture in Ss course book and asks about the picture. 2. T chests the handout and shows the questions on the handout. 3. T says 'Listen to the TV programme and answer the questions' 4. WC FB
1. Ss look at the picture of a TV programme that teacher showed before in the lesson. 2. T asks Ss to listen to the programme and find which people in the picture think that university education should be free. 3. WC FB
1. Ss listens to the programme one more time and decides the statements on the handout are true or false. 2. WC FB
1. T changes the partnets by changing the seat of one student and says 'you two, you two...' by showing at the same time. 2. Ss looks at the phrases and decide if they are 'agreeing, disagreeing or asking for opinions'
1. T gives the cards, written the phrases on, to the Ss and wants them to stick in the correct colomn on the WB. 2. T makes a demo.
1 T shows a little box and says 'You will take a card and read rhe sentence on it and ask for your friens opinion on it. Your friend will answer by using these phrases'. 2 T makes a demo
1. T asks Ss to think about the statemest on the handout and decide if they are agree or disagee and why. 2. T makes groups of 3 and Ss talk about the sentences they thought about and ask more questions about the subject. 3. Error Correction on the WB
1. WC FB 2. error correction on the board.