Free time- common verbs and nouns
To give the students practice on reading and listening skills.
To focus on relative clauses.
Procedure (29-43 minutes)
- stick the pictures on the WB. - ask the Ss what people are doing in each picture. - ask the Ss to guess the word. -if the Ss give the correct word, stick it immediately on the board. The verbs are (like, study, play, watch, learn and read).
- Set the context by asking the students some questions like: Do you play Golf/ football..etc? What do you do in your free time. - Tell the students bout your free time. What do you do? - Write the title of the lesson on the WB.
- introduce the topic to the Ss. - get the students read the text - Chelsea community center notice on page 52. -ask the Ss to do ex1, page 52. -give the students HO1 to read for gist. - ask the students to fill the spaces.
- check if the Ss know what is the verb by using the pictures to make sure that they understand the meaning of theses verbs. - ask the Ss to do ex1, pg52. -then ask them to do ex2, pg52. -ask the Ss to work in pairs to check answers. -check the Ss answers. -ask the students to do ex4, pg52. (give the Ss a demo example)
Pre- listening: set the context for listening to the conversation. While listening: ask the Ss to do ex1, pg 52. Post listening:ask for feedback form the Ss. Check their answers.
-ask the Ss to do ex2, pg52 while listening again. Check their answers
- use the pictures to introduce places. Then, ask the Ss about what they see in the pictures. - ask Ss what do we use when we ask about time, place, a person,......etc. -put each relative clause under it's correct picture. - ask the Ss to do ex1, pg53. Check the their answers. -make a conversation with one of the students using the same structure of the exercise, then ask them to repeat the dialogue in pairs. - ask two students to read the conversation.